Friday, April 16, 2010

First day in France

Projects are finished, loose ends tied up, and the kitty is at Aunt Lisa's. Let the adventures begin! I arrived at Charles De Gaulle Airport yesterday morning, and somehow with the time difference it feels like I've already been here 3 days! Here are some photos of my first journal entry upon entering Paris. (Click on the image to increase size)

Below are a few things I saw yesterday!

A moving walkway with mini-hills at CDG and long slopped walkways at the massive local grocery/everything store.


Happy Birthday, Luke! Yesterday was my brother's birthday and I thought of him as I took the top picture in the kid's party section of the store. Luke, if I had been there I would have made you this cake of gummy candies...

Look at that! All of those bottles on the left are different kinds of milk! I found a very small fresh milk section nearby and purchased one from each section so we can do a taste test! I'll keep you updated.

Cute things! I have a couple of friends who are pregnant, and I can't help but think of them as I'm seeing darling baby things everywhere! In the mall down the street, I've counted about five shops just for babies. The plushies above were just in that grocery/everything store. I should find out the name of it next time I go! Next, those are two little notebooks that I couldn't resist for a euro each. The one on the left has a clear plastic cover and is filled with pages that are gridded so thoroughly that I'm intensely curious about what types of things people use it for. I'll have to take another shot of the inside. The book on the right is a music composition book that made me think of the kids I'll be seeing at piano camp in a couple of months. Finally, a miniature train that was pulling adults from one end of the mall to the other. 

Beauty & nice packaging at a local flower shop.

Treats! A pudding type dessert, in honor of Luke's birthday & some little herbed cheeses, yet to be eaten. Do you see those little tooth picks in the container? Next is the photo of my Coca-Cola Light, that I was drinking in attempt to stay awake and ward off future jet lag. The Paris city walks cards in the background (on loan from Carly & Richard - thanks!) kept me awake for a while!

I managed to stay awake until almost nine last night, and then slept a great deep sleep! I just returned from meeting Josh for lunch (above) during which we ordered entirely in French! I had the Sandwich Classique Poulet-Curry, tres bon!

Tonight will be my first trip into the city where we'll take in a view of the Eiffel Tower from the Trocadero! We're planning on going on a Paris tour on Saturday and then taking a day for Disneyland Paris on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so many neat things to see already! I love those little notebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The notebooks are great! I cracked one open to write in and stared at all of the gridded lines for about 30 seconds and decided to wait until I had a better use for it!

    ReplyDelete